Priority Payment Systems
Senior Platform Engineer
Job Title: Senior Platform Engineer
Reports To: VP Cloud Platforms
Career Level: Senior
This position will ensure the reliability, stability, and availability of the modern application architecture stack across a multi-datacenter environment.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Support, manage, troubleshoot the modern app stack including Kubernetes, Linux OS, and Big Data technologies (Elastic Search, Kafka, Hadoop, Redis).
- Collaborate across multiple teams to troubleshoot and resolve platform issues.
- Assess utilization trends and make appropriate design and implementation recommendations to scale the architecture.
- Minimum 7 Years production experience with Linux (Red Hat or Centos preferred).
- Minimum 5 Years experience in system programming (Bash, Python, Ruby, Java).
- Production Kubernetes experience.
- Container overlay networking (Weave currently, future state will be nsx-t).
- NGINX ingress controllers.
- Configuration management and automation experience (Puppet/Ansible preferred).
- Experience with Git or other DVCS.
- Building custom infrastructure support tools to automate production processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with security as a top priority.
- Working knowledge/experience with public cloud (AWS preferred)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Bonus structure
- Continuing education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement