Freedom Financial Network
San Mateo, CA
Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Who We Are
Freedoms mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,000 employees (known internally as "The Freedom Family") in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, youll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. We believe that success is only achieved by doing whats right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
As an experienced UX professional, what really excites you is designing to solve user needs - thoroughly understanding the problem and user pains and translating that into simple and elegant solutions. In this role you will:
- Create User Empathy team-wide in order to design and evolve products and solutions
- Define goals based upon Product Reqs, Business Needs, and Customer Research
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers in Agile development teams
- Inspire innovative thinking amongst teammates and clients
- Continually learn and communicate emerging technologies and trends
- Analyze complex business workflows and system problems and solve them visually, simplifying them along the way
- Create compelling solutions that move the company forward by delivering high user satisfaction
- Ability to take ideas from concept to execution, supporting the design throughout delivery
- Excellent Interaction Design, Visual Design and User Research skills
- Equally as comfortable designing for mobile as for desktop as for responsive web
- Embrace the practice of Rapid Iterative Testing and Evaluation (RITE testing) into your process
- Agile software delivery practices strongly preferred
- Experience with mentoring others and promoting Lean and Agile practices
- At ease presenting for large groups and not simply presenting - but telling an effective story about the work
- 6-10 years of professional experience designing mobile and web-based applications
- Bachelors degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction or related fields
- Expertise in current design tools including Figma, Sketch, Framer, Adobe CC and additional prototyping tools
Why Join the Freedom Family?
- Fast, continued growth - theres a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees!
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday