The Senior Scheduler is responsible for creating and maintaining the project schedule and providing detailed time analysis to Project Managers/Engineer.
- Create and manage the schedules used in the bid preparation process
- Ability to handle large project schedules with multiple activities and integrate to or from other owner or joint venture partner schedules
- Perform take-off of quantities and activities from construction drawings or other documents for creation of construction schedule
- Create and maintain construction schedules based on specific requirement from multiple departments
- Meet with owners or joint venture partners to develop schedules
- Ability to populate schedule with resource and cost information
- Update, maintain, and revise monthly and weekly schedules and reports
- Compare, and report on comparisons of monthly schedules:
- Identify warnings and risks to the project for the purpose of mitigating the impact of these risks
- Analyze monthly schedules and prepare reports for the purpose of dispute resolution issue
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or related discipline
- At least 20 years experience in heavy civil or general engineering construction required
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Experience with large transportation projects (roadways, bridges, airports, etc.
- Excellent technical and mathematical abilities
- Advanced knowledge in scheduling software is required, including P6 scheduling software,, Microsoft Project, Pertmaster (or similar)
- Proficiency with EXCEL and WORD software programs
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- DFWP/EEO/AAP: Minorities/Women/Disabled/Vets