Senior Software Developer in Test - Server
CVS is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test (server) to execute their quality strategy. As a member of the Digital Transformation Engineering team, you will responsible for the Quality related activities working directly with PM/PO, Development and project stakeholders to ensure we develop and release the highest quality software product, while ensuring that our quality engineering practices are applied throughout the Agile development lifecycle. You will collaborate with cross functional and cross organization teams on quality initiatives and techniques that promote the best software testing practices and automation tools
In any given day, you will:
* Ensure the test coverage and execution of Unit, Contract, Integration, Acceptance, System, Regression and UAT are met.
* Automate API (Web Services, RESTful) tests using existing framework.
* Coach other team members to develop automation code with standard coding practices.
* Ensure proper quality gates are enforced in CI/CD pipelines.
* 3+ years in a Software Quality Engineering (Test Automation)/SW Engineer in Test role
* Experience in test scenario preparation, implementation, debugging and execution of automated API (Web Services, RESTful) tests.
* Experience implementing API contract tests with TestNG and Java
* Experience working in an Agile Scrum team environment
* Good knowledge and experience with one or many of the following: TestNG, Kafka, RabbitMQ, CircleCI, Jenkins, Harness.
* Experience with CI/CD
* Good understanding and experience with Canary Deployments
* Strong understanding of software quality principles, standards and processes.
* Automation first mindset
* Deploying and testing applications in AWS. Exposure to branching strategies such as git-flow and GitHub Flow
* Knowledge or experience with monitoring/observability tools: New Relic or similar
* Champion for quality by monitoring test results, ensures blocking quality gates in CI/CD pipelines are in place and reporting on quality progress and issues to ensure release readiness.
* Understanding of REST APIs and microservices architecture.
* Experience working effectively in a fast paced environment.
* Adept in troubleshooting issues, triaging defects and solving problems
* Ensure the test coverage and execution of Unit, Integration, Acceptance, System, Regression, and UAT are met.
* Knowledge of security concepts and best practices to protect PII and PHI
* Experience supporting services in production capable of serving millions of users
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.