Senior Staff Accountant (Reg FT)
Position Title: Senior Staff Accountant (Reg FT)
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 4, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Hybrid
Salary Grade: Admin 14 - $52,697
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5402
Job Open Date: 7/21/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Supervises and maintains fiscal procedures related to Plant fund operations and auxiliary enterprises and is responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of accounts, cash management and investments. General support and backup for the Director of Accounting.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of three years experience. Good accounting knowledge and analytical skills.
1. Downloads monthly bank statements from bank.
2. Prepares and submits portions of the financial statements for Board of Trustees meeting and financial reports.
3. Performs monthly allocation of indirect costs and fiscal charges, prepares journal entry, and performs analysis of final year-end allocation of indirect costs.
4. Performs yearly reconciliation of petty cash at each location.
5. Oversees and coordinates yearly fixed asset inventory counts at each location.
6. Prepares calculations and journal entries for capitalization of fixed assets, writes off old assets and prepares journal entries for depreciation expense.
7. Coordinates with Director of Purchasing, IT, and campus receivers, and creates an analysis of gains and losses, records journal entry for disposals of surplus sale fixed assets.
8. Reviews daily bank activity. Performs wire transfers, processes void checks, obtains check images, uploads ACH echecks and positive pay check file, and performs stop payments.
9. Reports daily cash activity on cash flow report.
10. Prepares journal entries for banking activity.
11. Communicates with banks regarding questions and problems.
12. Maintains fixed assets; coordinates with campuses for periodic review of fixed assets.
13. Prepares fixed asset transfer reports for the campuses.
14. Coordinates, prepares, and submits annual unclaimed property returns to the various authorities for the bursar, payroll, and accounts payable departments.
15. Participates in Risk Assessment, Tool, Finance and Auxiliary team.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4521649
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.