This position is for an Senior Underwriting Associate within Aetna Signature Administrators (ASA). ASA is a high-growth wholesale distribution channel for Aetna which provides self-funded plan sponsors access to Aetnas National PPO network along with Aetnas stop loss insurance products via the Third Party Administrator(TPA) market.
- Performs intake of stop loss quote requests for new and/or renewal submissions.
- Utilizes basic functionality of underwriting tools, systems, and reference materials to process accurate new and/or renewal quote requests.
- Collects, sorts and verifies information for completeness.
- Partners with internal Sales and Account Management as well as external constituents to request pertinent quote data.
- Produces timely and accurate stop loss deliverables.
- Will participate in special projects as needed for underwriting and other ASA teams.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical and independent thinking skills
- Demonstrated success prioritizing work and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others to meet/exceed expectations
- Provides clear and concise written and verbal communications
- Experience working with standard Microsoft Office products.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Experience related to insurance, rating, underwriting and accounting concepts preferred.
- Demonstrated success in a production-oriented environment meeting or exceeding production targets.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.