White Castle New York
Massapequa, NY, United States
Now hiring for Service Technicians in the New York City area.
PAY RATE: $35.78/HR
New York Region
Non-Exempt - 40 hour week; M–F, 6:30am – 3:00pm; Hours may vary
When what you Crave is a job that combines creative, challenging, and ever-changing work with an experienced, inclusive team committed to creating memorable moments every day, only White Castle hits the spot!
We’re America’s first fast-food hamburger chain with more than a century of service to a nation of Cravers. But we’re not satisfied with an impressive past. We’ve got our eye on an even tastier future, and we want you to be part of it! White Castle is always looking for passionate, energetic, results-driven people to join our teams, so apply to start your White Castle career today!
Maintain all assigned company-operated facilities to an established company standard to project an excellent brand image to your customers and employees. This scope includes assuring all facilities are kept at their highest appraised value within their assigned properties. Responsible for the hands-on maintenance of company-operated facilities, equipment, and grounds.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Two-year Technical degree or equivalent field experience in facility repair and services.
• EPA Certification types I & II for HVAC&R, or able to achieve certification in 6 months.
• Preferred Knowledge: (Any items would be a plus)
• Commercial property - building and site maintenance management.
• All building maintenance procedures and accepted practices.
• All building equipment - including electrical, plumbing, and kitchen equipment.
• Facilities management for office/warehouse buildings and restaurants.
• Knowledge of Building codes and standards.
• Knowledge of OSHA Standards for General Industry for buildings, equipment, and grounds and have passed the OSHA 10-hour class.
• Company MSD (Material Data Sheet) procedures.
• Able to make decisions on repair or replacement based on troubleshooting skills, while still meeting deadlines.
• Knowledge and capability to deal with afterhours (24/7) calls when there are limited resources to assist in making emergency repairs.
• Good communication skills with both White Castle team members and outside providers.
• Must have mechanical abilities and be able to use various hand tools, welding experience would be a plus.
• Ability to climb ladders and scaffolds, work for extended hours of uninterrupted time, and must be able to withstand adverse weather and site conditions for any assigned job site inspections.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds regularly.
• Valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and automobile insurance with the required limits of liability.
• Adhere to safety rules and procedures and use proper tools in prescribed manner.
• Travel to and from different locations as assigned.
• Day to Day hands-on service of assigned buildings, grounds and equipment.
• Provide technical skills to troubleshoot all matters relative to the facility maintenance program.
• Communicate as required to complete electronic work orders, documents and to respond to internal customers, co-workers, and supervisors by phone calls, emails, texting, or other form of communication.
• Respond to internal and external customer needs to properly maintain equipment and facilities.
• Manage facilities invoices and purchases for proper record keeping.
• Compliance with all OSHA, EPA, and company established procedures and EPA record-keeping on environmental issues.
• Compliance with the inventory procedures for the Service Department’s parts and supplies.
• Assist Facilities Supervisor / Service & Facilities Manager in training of Service Department team members.
• Programs and benefit eligibility varies based on the average hours worked, location, and length of service at White Castle.
We are a family-owned company (no franchises here!) and have been since 1921!
• Paid vacation
• Medical, dental & life insurance
• Weekly paychecks
• 401K & profit-sharing plans
• Promote from within practice
• And more!
White Castle has a hot and tasty opportunity on the menu with this chance to join a team where more than one in four have at least 10 years of consecutive service. We operate restaurants and stock retail freezers with products dedicated to satisfying your cravings morning, noon, and night. All that’s missing is you. Our Original Slider® was named in 2014 as Time magazine's "Most Influential Burger of All Time," and our Impossible ™ Slider was named by Thrillist in 2019 as the "Best Plant-Based Fast Food Burger." Fast Company named us one of the "10 Most Innovative Dining Companies" in 2021, our 100th year in business. And we’re a Certified™ Great Place to Work®. Your search ends here—we’ve got the career opportunity you Crave! Apply today, and Long Live Sliders™!
If you meet the minimum qualifications above, APPLY ONLINE NOW!
We are looking for applicants in the New York City / Massapequa Area. When applying online to the link, you may notice there is a NJ address listed at the bottom. Please note, the address listed in the link should not be associated with the Service Technician Work Location,
Only those who complete their online application will be considered for this position. Please complete the apply form and click on the link to apply online!
White Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer