Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Longview (Hickory), NC plant as a Sewer in our Sewing Department. This individual will assemble individual fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated cushion covers.
Interacts and communicates directly with cutters, material handlers, machine operators, and other sewers. Works in a normal plant environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges involve the efficient usage of various components to produce cushion covers per customer specifications.
High School Diploma or GED
Prior industrial sewing experience is required. Specific on the job training is provided.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and call-in with little notice.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Receive and understand instructions from area supervisor.
- Accept work (component parts) distributed by material handlers or lead person.
- Assemble using specified sewing procedures, fiber and ticking components into finished product according to specified customer requirements.
- Place finished product into "completed area" for next step in production process.
- Enclose finished cushion with neat seams to meet customer demands.
- Clean equipment and perform basic maintenance.
- Set up sewing area with adequate supplies.
- Adhere to established department production procedures.