Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Supervisor for our Shipping department at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This individual will be responsible for supervising the functions of hourly shipping personnel.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operational excellence. The Shipping Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining daily communication with department management, production personnel, scheduling, quality, and plant management. Major challenges include the efficient usage of material, machinery, and manpower to ship out quality product.
Additional responsibilities of the Supervisor will include:
- Responsible for the direction of hourly employees in the areas of shipping, quality, safety, and value of order.
- Monitor adherence to procedures involving processing of orders and filling out paperwork.
- Identify and develop capable people with the talent to contribute to the company.
- Establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years experience to perform the job.
- Must be proficient on the computer with prior/current experience with SAP, Microsoft Office, and KRONOS a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced work environment.
- College degree helpful, but not necessary.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.