Simon Intelligence analyst
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Our Intelligence team is growing. We are hiring for someone with strong data experience and a passion for business intelligence. This position will report to the Manager of Business Intelligence and is part of the team that manages our enterprise Business Intelligence platform, Domo. This role will work collaboratively across different departments, creating and maintaining analytical tools that help drive our business.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop strong understanding of Allied Universal data models
- Collaborate with business leaders to design new analytical tools
- Build rapid prototypes of ETLs and end-user reports
- Move prototypes through to permanent production content
- Provide quality end-user support across the full Business Intelligence platform
- Complete ad-hoc troubleshooting of tooling and platforms as needed
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties or responsibilities that may typically be assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in internal Business Intelligence community meetings, acting as a subject-matter expert on platform-based topics
- Support department leadership in setting and meeting milestone deadlines on projects
- Collaborate with other Business Intelligence department teams on joint projects and workflows
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of basic data query and manipulation concepts/languages. Relevant experience includes basic relational database queries, multi-dimensional environment administration, and data integration maintenance
- Prior project-based experience working on multi-person project plans
- Prior experience creating content in a Business Intelligence platform
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments while effectively manage deadlines.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to independently drive value on a technical team.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and be able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions, and materials in the strictest confidence.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. With over 265,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.