Slitter Machine Operator - 1st & 2nd Shift Openings
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for Slitter Machine Operators in our Bedding Department on 1st shift [6am to 2pm] and 2nd shift [2pm to 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the operation of machinery that cuts and packages foam bedding products. This position will communicate with department manager and lead person for direction of material needing to be cut.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations of excellence. This successful candidate will be expected to be efficient in the operation of several pieces of equipment within the department to determine the best material utilization.
Additional responsibilities of the Slitter Machine Operator will include:
- Creates and label all finish product and product that is determined to be stock.
- Uses order listing to determine sizes and amounts to cut.
- Operates foam slitter machines.
- Enters dimensions into control panel and sets other machine parameters.
- Verifies proper machine operations and checks output accuracy.
- Operates baler and ties bales.
- Wraps and packages product in polyurethane wrap
- Must be forklift certified.
- Must be able to make machine adjustments when necessary while monitoring the equipment to keep downtime to a minimum.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1+ years manufacturing experience.
- 1+ months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to read a interpret a tape measure.
- Basic Computer knowledge and ability to use computerized equipment in daily operations.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.