La Frontera EMPACT
Apache Junction, AZ
SMI Rehabilitation Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. EMPACT-SPC is an EEO/AA employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
This job is responsible for coordinating and monitoring rehabilitation-related services for consumers living with a serious mental illness. Under the Vocational and Rehabilitation Services Interagency Governmental Agreement (IGA), works in partnership with assigned Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor(s), community rehabilitation program providers and others involved in assisting consumer to become involved in or maintain involvement in meaningful community activities or employment.
- Collaborate with the Employment/Rehabilitation Services Department to ensure the vocational and rehabilitation services IGA is implemented at the direct service level.
- Utilize psychiatric rehabilitation best practices to assess consumers needs including living, learning, meaningful community activities paid/unpaid, create volunteer opportunities to assist consumers in reaching their desired goals.
- Assesses, documents and provides the appropriate level of support and skill needed to assist consumers with pursuing and/or maintaining their living, learning, working and social leisure goals.
- Provides continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment through the ongoing assessment of the consumer, input from the consumer and relevant others, resulting in modification to the service plan as necessary.
- Work cooperatively with RSA staff, vocational and rehabilitation providers, and other stakeholders to ensure preferred and most effective services are provided to consumers.
- Educates team members as the subject matter expert regarding rehabilitation and vocationally-related issues, and provides ongoing technical training and support to the team as requested or indicated, including updates on available community resources, how to utilize the services of RSA VR Counselors and rehabilitation and employment providers.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate documentation is completed for each consumer including treatment plan recommendations, readiness assessments, progress or staffing reports, referrals to VR or providers, coordination sheets, etc. Ensure documentation is filed in appropriate section of charts.
- Responsible for completing all required tracking and data collection reports as requested/required by Employment and Rehabilitation Services Department or ICS clinical management.
- Educates team members of the importance of vocational/rehabilitation services and meaningful activities. Provides updates/information from quarterly Vocational Rehabilitation meetings to staff.
- Other duties as assigned, to include training and/or mentoring new rehabilitation specialist staff.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- One year of related experience in behavioral health, preferably providing vocational and/or rehabilitation services to adults diagnosed with a serious mental illness in an interdisciplinary clinical team environment.
- SMI experience preferred.
- Must have understanding and application of best practices in psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Frequent travel required for this position between ICC clinic sites, VR Offices and contracted provider locations.
- Adequate computer and typing skills required.
- Experience working with Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word and Next Gen preferred.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be 21 year of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required.
- Attend meetings, training, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request.
- Maintain compliance with required training.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or member of management.