Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Social Worker - My Choice Family Care Case Manager
Horizon is a contracted Care Management Unit (CMU) servicing a Title 19 managed care program (MCO) through My Choice Family Care Care Wisconsin. This program emphasizes preventative and holistic care. As part of our Family Care team the Case Manager (Social Worker) assesses, arranges and monitors services for persons with physical disabilities, developmental disabilities or frail elders.
As a vital part of our program, our Family Care Case Managers (Social Workers):
- Complete, document and communicate results of a comprehensive medical assessment of the client upon admission to case management services and at prescribed intervals within MCDA contractual guidelines and timelines using appropriate assessment tools.
- Appropriately use clients medical history, psychosocial data, current functional status, results from assessment tools, clients and other pertinent parties input in order to formulate plan of care and documents this within guidelines and timelines.
- Arrange/secure goods and services within 60 days of enrollment or within two weeks of client making request.
- Monitor client status and utilization of program resources to ensure the appropriateness of services/intervention in maintaining optimum health status and level of independence.
- Provide communication/documentation of case management activities to Family Care Manager, the MCDA and appropriate organizations/individuals in an accurate, timely, efficient and professional manner.
- A four-year bachelors degree in a social services area (e.g. social work, rehabilitation, psychology, etc.), plus one (1) year of experience working with specific populations (e.g. DD, PD, Geriatric, LTC) in social service care management or related social service experience with persons in the target population, OR; a four-year bachelors degree in any other area with a minimum of three (3) years of experience with people in the target population.
- Social Work Certification in the State of Wisconsin
- knowledge of community resources available to meet the needs of the members served by the MCO and a thorough understanding of the range and type of long term care options available in the community.
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle