Software Developer - International Websites
Position currently available in:
As part of our international website development team you will be involved in the development and enhancement of our public facing websites targeting specific countries and regions globally, and/or surrounding systems for them. Our websites are some of the leading digital marketplaces for users looking to buy and sell different types of equipment or items in the markets we serve. In this team you will have an opportunity to make a big impact on how millions of users interact with our sites, and make improvements to help drive more traffic to new and existing sites through UX improvements, localization, and SEO. A lot of effort and focus is put on localizing content for the given market and region, and we continually work on improving existing features or building new dynamic ones that allow us to localize the content based on the target region for a website.
Our team works in an agile environment and takes an iterative approach to developing solutions. We also run in a modified scrum framework that fits our SDLC. We utilize in-house developed, easy to use tools for managing the backlog, planning, and day to day work. Our teams are highly collaborative and take a team oriented approach to development.
* Participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
* Analysis and translation of business requirements into technical requirements for development, and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
* Adhere to best practices and standards in the areas of development, technology, and security.
* Provide post-implementation support, including, but not limited to, monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
* Keep up with advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business solutions.
* Projects may include development of new products and new features or maintenance of existing software using agile practices as part of a collaborative and open environment.
* Assume other duties as assigned.
* Understanding of SEO and principles surrounding it.
* Website and API development using the Microsoft stack (C#/VB, ASP.NET, MS-SQL, IIS, Windows Server, .NET Framework, .NET Core).
* Strong front end UI skills using client-side technologies such as JS, jQuery, React.js , CSS, and HTML5.
* Strong relational database knowledge.
* MS-SQL Server Knowledge and experience (Scripting, Indices, Views, Stored Procedures).
* Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies. We regularly use and explore new technologies to efficiently solve our technical problems.
* Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
* Understanding of best practices and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
* Strong knowledge of the full software development life cycle, with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
* TFS and TFVC
- Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
- Scottsdale, Arizona, USA