Software Engineer Technical Coach
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
Our Capital Markets Technology team is looking for a Software Engineer Advisor (Tech Coach) that will be playing a key role in helping to further our development, application vision, and principles for the entire team. This is a key role that will be driving, defining, and leading key transformational changes for our target state approach.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence stakeholders and leadership on key development and application difficulties. You will solve problems through innovation and being hands-on with cutting-edge tools and technologies such as Full-Stack development, AWS, CICD, and more to build on cloud-native solutions. You will provide expert advice to the team and participate in designing, developing, testing, and maintaining complex and critical application systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Determine the needs of the customer groups across multiple projects, programs, or products while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups
- Design and develop software solutions to meet needs and may also lead matrixed teams.
- Apply extensive expertise in process-driven approach in designing solutions
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing software
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years of experience leading or coaching engineering teams
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Full-Stack hands-on software development expertise preferably in Java stack
- Hands-on experience with practices such as Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration - Continuous Delivery (CICD), Security, Resiliency, and Operations
- Extensive experience in developing Cloud (AWS) based services and capabilities including implementation, development and support experience
- Familiar with modern paradigms for responsive engineering, agile architecture, automation, emergent design, and refactoring
- Experience with collaboration development concepts including Trunk Based Development and Pair or Mob Programming
- Experience with Agile/DevOps tools and Configuration Management such as CICD, Jenkins, Infrastructure Automation (Docker, Chef, Ansible), Code Quality Analyzers, and Automated Testing
- Must be able to analyze existing design & software code and identify opportunities for improvement
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills. Strong ability to mentor/coach team members as well as experience in influencing senior leadership
- Experience with in one or more agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, and/or SAFE
- Active contributor in development communities
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]