Dallas, TX, United States
Sous Chef II
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events, and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
We are seeking an experienced Sous Chef for the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, TX!
The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas (KBHCCD) is one of the largest convention centers in the nation. Every year it welcomes over a million visitors attending major national and international conventions, meetings, concerts, athletic competitions, auto shows, and more. Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, the KBHCCD has been and continues to be a fixture in the Dallas skyline offering 1 million square feet of exhibit space, three ballrooms, 88 meeting rooms, 1,750-seat theater, and a 9,816-seat arena.
- The Sous Chef II position is typically found in a medium to large size business unit, and reports to the Sous Chef I or Executive Chef. It is the first level of management within a Sodexo Live! commercial kitchen, performing functions and responsibilities that require a moderate level of difficulty and a more sophisticated level of detail, experience and expertise than Sous Chef III, but not as complex as Sous Chef I.
- The Sous Chef II assures that foods are prepared using fundamental cooking techniques, seasoned for maximum taste and flavor, and served in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
- The Sous Chef II directs all aspects of foodservice production and service, ensuring that approved food safety and sanitation guidelines are followed. The Sous Chef II directly supervises the preparation and production of the unit's menus and manages a shift or station in the hot kitchen, the cold kitchen and/or the bakery and pastry shop.
- The Sous Chef II is responsible for training, mentoring and helping to develop other Culinarians, and for monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports the overall operation.
- Participate as part of Culinary Leadership Team to manage a culinary department for the preparation of foods served to the customers in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure Kitchen Safety and Sanitation conforms to all Sodexo Live!, regulatory, and governmental standards to provide a safe workplace producing high quality food products.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 2 years in a food preparation position.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program.
- ACF Professional Certification.
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
- Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
About Sodexo Live:
Sodexo is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by highly regarded external organizations, earning coveted spots on FORTUNE's list of the World's Most Admired Companies and Bloomberg's Gender-Equality Index, as well as a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
Improving quality of life has been our mission for over 50 years. And this commitment starts with you. We strive to enhance and simplify your daily life while offering you the best working environment wherever you are, whatever you do.
We offer a diverse range of opportunities, in over 100 professions. Whether you're a recent grad, the transition from the military, or an experienced professional, our goal is to find your perfect fit.
Founded in Marseille, France, in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance.
Operating in 56 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Food and Facilities Management Services, Benefits & Rewards Services, and Personal and Home Services.
40,000 employees dispersed throughout 500 sites around the globe with 80 different types of professional roles.
- What we do: We improve the Quality of Life of those we serve and our teams, and contribute to the economic, social, and environmental development of the communities, regions, and countries in which we operate.
- How we do it: We serve with care the essential daily needs of millions of people. We build inclusive progress; we drive engaged and responsible performance.
- Why we do it: We create a better every day for everyone to build a better life for all.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live! While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.