Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Black Hawk, CO
Spa Technician / Therapist
Job Title: Spa Technician/Therapist
Salary: $9.30 + tips
Status: Full Time
Shift: Days, Swings
Other Compensation: Up to 25% service commission + 10% sales commission on any product sold to all non-salaried team
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado! Apply on line now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarchs new resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Caf, fine dining Buffet, and Specialty Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games, and a new poker and sports betting rooms coming soon. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, saunas, hot tubs and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Incentives for Non-Management (up to $400 position depending)
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options ($4 -$6 round trip for casino busses)
- Free Covered Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition (earn resort credit and more)
- Internal growth and transfer opportunities for continuous growth and advancement opportunities
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 2 Weeks PTO in your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Dont want to drive to Black Hawk? You dont have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
Reports to the Spa Manager and the Spa Supervisor.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide massage and body treatments to guests using professional accepted techniquesupgrading any treatments when possible as outlined in the SOP.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about any health issues (contraindications) before beginning service.
- Set up treatment room with necessary equipment and supplies to ensure guest comfort and safety throughout service as outlined in the provider checklist.
- Maintain cleanliness of treatment room throughout shiftstocking room at end of shift with linens, towels, etc. as outlined in the provider checklist.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional as outlined in the SOP.
- Follow all company policies and procedures maintaining confidentiality of proprietary information as outlined in the SOP.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Must be knowledgeable of daily stand-ups and actively participate in daily goals.
- Must participate in computer based learning and implement these skills into the workplace.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of various massages and therapies.
- Knowledge of rubbing compounds and oils used in massages
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- The following license and/or certifications are required prior to employment start date:
- State of Colorado Therapist License.
- Two (2) years massage therapist experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time and sitting.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk- bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry.
- Arms reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
- Hands Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye coordination, and overall and finger dexterity
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarchs intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.