Memphis, TN, United States
Sr Advisor-Support Compliance
FedEx Freight has an opening for qualified individuals for our Sr Advisor-Support Compliance position at our operations in Memphis.
Lead initiatives developing and implementing solutions that improve the control environment and enhance risk mitigation through audit functions. Create and review analytical and advisory services for business stakeholders. Improve the overall compliance process by auditing, developing, and updating support compliance assessments and reporting tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions using internal control concepts
2. Lead financial, operational, and regulatory audits and special projects
3. Implement Controlled Self-Monitoring processes to identify trends and resolve complex business issues creating reporting tools that assist in root cause analysis
4. Act as a subject matter expert to internal business partners
5. Utilize leadership skills to obtain management buy-in for constructive change
6. Provide guidance to improve control weaknesses through the use of SOP, protocol, and practice development
7. Collaborate with stakeholders in developing processes flows, processes, and technology solutions that support the operations control environment
8. Lead FedEx Freight (FXF) and participate in enterprise projects that involve or impact the control environment
9. Maintain strong awareness of the FXF support environment through observation of key departments, attending relevant conferences/training
10. Collaborate with Internal Audit on audits and action plan reporting
11. Participate with leadership in planning and executing department goals and objectives; Participate in various ad-hoc projects and support engagements
12. Partner with business areas to understand the impact of system changes/enhancements through training and communication, accuracy in testing and applicable Policy & Procedure updates
13. Act as a program lead/liaison with and/or between leadership to communicate issues and status of improvements in conjunction with validation reviews and related projects
14. Serve as a mentor to less experienced team members
15. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
16. Perform other duties as required.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Technology, or other quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience plus seven (7) years’ experience in internal controls, accounting, audit, or other related experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Knowledge and the ability to create Visio or other flowcharting software
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, assertive, and persistent with the ability to complete projects or tasks that require in-depth research
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and proven ability in application of GAAP to complex accounting issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees across the organization
- Ability to work independently and act as an advisor to team members
- Must be able to travel
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.