The Sr. Benefits Specialist is responsible for providing support in the strategy, management, and administration of Bloomin Brands employee benefit programs.
Candidates should be local to Tampa Bay, as the role would work a hybrid schedule (mix of onsite and remote).
* Assist with managing benefits vendor relationships and participate in vendor partnership calls and meetings.
* Handle and resolve complex/escalated employee concerns, eligibility and claims issues.
* Act as liaison with benefit vendors, focusing on resolution of escalated issues.
* Provide 401(k) and HCE Deferred Compensation Plan administration support.
* Assist with activities relating to the 401(k) Plan annual audit, NonDiscrimination testing, and annual match calculation.
* Assist with benefits program administration and ensuring programs are properly administered in compliance with applicable laws and company practices.
* Assist with leave of absence management and short-term and long-term disability processes.
* Partner with team members, internal partners, and vendors to identify issues, and recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and quality.
* Lead and/or participate in all activities associated with the annual Open Enrollment process.
* Support and/or manage projects such as vendor audits, wellness initiatives, etc.
* Assist with research and benefits related benchmarking.
* Participate in RFPs, renewals, plan design changes and implementations in partnership with the Benefits Director and external consultants.
* Assist the Benefits Director, in partnership with ERISA counsel, on drafting, updating, approval, distribution & posting of all Plan Documents, SPD, SMMs, SBCs, and Legal Notices.
* Assist with compliance related activities, such as, but not limited to, legislative reporting (local, state, and federal), annual SOX/SSAE 16 reviews and ACA compliance.
* Assist in developing and distributing benefits communications, including management of the benefits website, and any other communication outlets.
* Assist with the new hire/newly eligible benefits enrollment process, including communications and benefits meetings.
* Lead and/or participate in open enrollment meetings.
* Assist in providing benefits related communication and training to Corporate and Field HR, HR Ops, Talent Acquisition, and other internal partners on benefit programs.
* Assist with processing of data file imports for benefit plans.
* Assist with the execution of manual benefits processes with a focus to streamline, automate and or standardize the process going forward.
* Participate in User System Testing for system updates and other changes implemented for benefits.
* Assist HRIS in researching, troubleshooting and resolving issues that appear to be system related.
* Cross train and act as back-up for other team members.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Bachelors degree
* 3 - 5 years experience in benefits administration
* Strong knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite