Sr. Director, Project and Portfolio Strategy
As the Senior Director of Project and Portfolio Strategy, you will oversee all activities related to financial and project portfolio management across the department. Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as liaison/partner to Finance organization in managing departmental P&L, budget reconciliation and forecasting
- Spearhead pod resourcing model implementation, execution and monitoring, including collaboration with project leaders to outline resource needs, develop RFPs to support new projects, consolidation of vendor scoring to support selection process, and oversight of contractor set up and onboarding
- Ensure delivery of monthly reporting to leadership team including capital budget tracking, head count reporting, top project reporting, and roster reconciliation
- Manage team of strategic project managers to support blue chip initiatives across department - including ongoing collaboration with senior leaders to ensure appropriate staffing and delivery of key milestones
- Oversee monthly executive reporting on project status across retail, PBM, and enterprise data strategy
- Lead implementation of new agile project tracking tool to support senior leadership portfolio management and resource allocation
- Oversee capital and strategic planning efforts in partnership with Finance, IT and EA leadership - ensure the development of high-value business use cases, timely submission of deliverables throughout process, and ongoing review and reporting and budget use
- Manage IT budgeting, including enterprise tool budgets and departmental charge backs
-10+ years of relevant work experience with strong knowledge of healthcare financial profitability drivers
-10+ years of demonstrated experience with P&L management, analytical skills and Project Management oversight
-10+ years of experience in Planning, Reporting and Capital Investments to include 5+ years experience leading Planning, Reporting, and Capital Investment processes; this includes
- Exceptional communication skills across the full spectrum of formal and informal channels and to multiple audiences, including external clients, consultants, internal partners, and executive leadership.
- Strong command of financial knowledge, terminology, and documents
- 10+ years experience in Planning, Reporting and Capital Investments to include experience leading Planning, Reporting, and Capital Investment processes
- Proven ability to educate and influence external customers and internal partners
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex work processes in a cross-department, team environment.
-Demonstrated experience in making informed recommendations and decisions in a dynamic and changing environment
-Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams
-Experience developing strategic plans, working in a cross-matrix environment, adapting and performing in an evolving environment.
-Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
-Master's degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.