||TEACHER - 8TH GRADE SOCIAL STUDIES (2017-18 SY)
To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential by translating the district curriculum goals and objectives into learning experiences for each individual student in the district.
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Valid Arizona teacher’s Certificate for the appropriate grade level and/or subject matter.
- Meet North Central Association requirements for subject area assigned.
- Possess special area endorsements as required by state and/or federal regulations or District policy and procedures.
- Ability to productively manage groups of students
- Accountability for student growth in all areas consistent with District developed objectives.
- Evidence of a comprehensive background in child development, instructional strategies, classroom curricular implementation, learning theory and effective school research.
- and/or any other qualifications the Board deems appropriate
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and implements the District approved program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students with the district curriculum.
- Uses effective teaching techniques and materials to implement established curriculum goals and objectives and uses techniques and materials that motivate the desire to learn
- Prepares a weekly written lesson plan describing daily learning experiences. This weekly lesson plan is to be correlated with the aims and/or objectives in the curriculum guide and/or course outline.
- Monitors and assesses student progress and communicates the same on a regular basis to students and their parents.
- Diagnoses, instructs and evaluates specific student needs and seeks assistance of district specialists as required.
- Communicates aims and/or objectives to students in a well-planned, organized manner using clear and precise language.
Creates a classroom environment that is cognizant of the dignity of the teacher, students, and other staff.
Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing the development of proper student behavior.
Develops and implements reasonable classroom rules of behavior and procedure which are conducive to learning in a fair and just manner.
- Creates educational experiences that provide each student the opportunity to develop his/her potential in the areas of personal-social adjustment, decision-making, positive self-image and other life skills.
Continuation of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and follows the adopted school district philosophy, policies, regulations, and administrative procedures.
- Communicates concerns and ideas with colleagues, students, parents and community in a positive, professional and ethical manner.
- Opens lines of communication with students and parents on the academics and behavioral processes of students.
- Assumes legal responsibility for the supervision of students on school property or in attendance at school sponsored activities.
- Maintains and strives to improve professional competence.
- Assumes individual responsibilities which may be assigned by the Principal/Supervisor and which may relate to committee work, student activities, student supervision or other planning and professional assignments.
- Maintains accurate, complete, legible and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning, instructional goals, objectives, methods and in selecting materials.
- Plans and supervises assignments and activities for teacher assistant or volunteer.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
- Treats the public courteously.
- Is alert to hazardous or dangerous conditions that could threaten the safety of students and staff.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Conducts one's self in a business like and/or task oriented manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the regular instructional day when such encounters are required or requested under reasonable terms.
- Good employee as well as an effective teacher.
- Maintains a positive solution seeking manner in actions with others and is efficient and effective in duties despite stressful and/or contentious situations.
- Must be able to work effectively with people, individually and in groups, must be able to provide cooperation with groups, work through disputes and develop consensus.
- Must be alert, aware and focused while on duty, free from alcohol or illegal drugs during the working day or if outside the normal working day while on duty.
- Refrain from possessing or consuming alcohol or illegal drugs on district property, at school events or while on duty.
To view complete job descriptions, visit www.gesd40.org and select 'Careers' - 'Employment Information and Forms' - 'Job Descriptions'
Evaluation: At least annually by the Principal in accordance with the policy of the Governing Board.
Supervised By: Principal
Supervises: Given to Students, Teacher Aides, Student Teachers and Volunteers as assigned
To view the Salary Schedule, visit www.gesd40.org and select 'Careers' - 'Salary Schedules' - 'Certified Salary Schedules'
||FROM -   TO -
|MONTHS / HOURS:
|GRADE / STEP: