Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 19 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Banks Values are: Relationships FIRST: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Performs accounting support and administrative work in classifying and processing accounting transactions, maintaining and reconciling assigned accounts and compiling, reviewing and verifying data and information to prepare assigned financial and accounting reports.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconciles daily customer Repo account, FED reserve, and Correspondent Bank accounts.
- Prepares and posts general ledger journal entries.
- Reconciles the balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains the books & records for the Bank.
- Assists with the monthly and quarterly general ledger closing.
- Conducts research and resolves accounting-related issues at the direction of the Manager.
- Prepare and file the Federal weekly reporting.
- Performs corporate credit card allocation.
- Assists and process the Month-end Closing i.e. Accrued expenses, variance analysis and reconciliations.
- Assists with annual SOX testing and assists the Internal Audit department during audits.
- Acts as a 2nd level approver for new vendors Accounts Payable processing.
- 2 year College Degree required in Accounting, Business, or related field and 1 year of experience working with general ledger, reconciliation, month-end closing, general accounting processes of inter-company and fixed assets OR 4 year College Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough understanding of accounting functions.
- General knowledge of accounting systems.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Proficient in data entry.