Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? Were growing quickly and were looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growthPosition Summary:
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for completing accounting functions related to Accounts Receivable, HOA and utilities.
- Review, analyze and record adjustments and accruals to the general ledger related to HOA, utilities and other accounts as specified.
- Prepare account analyses and document reasons for fluctuation
- Review and import the utility file daily.
- Prepare the daily utility funding request.
- Review and post utility charges to resident ledgers.
- Accumulate and maintain accurate reports and reconciliations.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Prepare and perform bad debt write off monthly
- Calculate and prepare entries related to bad debt allowance
- Prepare the monthly security deposit analysis
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Deposit and enter all non tenant cash receipts received
- Manage the process regarding utility disputes related to tenant billings
- Monitor the credit card dispute process
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Assist with month end close process
- Assist with annual audit requests
- Prepare and analyze rent roll identifying discrepancies
- 3 - 5 or more years of experience in an accounting role, corporate experience preferred.
- Real Estate/Property Management experience a strong plus
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience working in Yardi a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignment while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, its about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbents supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.