Eastern Plumas Health Care
Staff Outpatient Physical Therapist
The Physical Therapist performs a wide variety of patient care activities under the supervision of Lead Physical Therapist.
- Evaluates patients and creates effective plans of care for adults and adolescents with orthopedic, neurological, cardiovascular and other diagnoses.
- Restores patients function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
- Applies best practices to treat and progress each patient to the most favorable outcome.
- Documents patient care services by charting in-patient and department records.
- Evaluates and records patients progress, modifying treatment plans, and trying new treatments if required.
- Instructs patients in proper in-home exercises and therapies.
- Educates patients and their families regarding their diagnosis and the treatment plan prescribed to achieve the best outcome."
- Maintains accurate patient treatment records and current project notes.
- Submits billing via EMR for each patient treated in accordance with established policy.
- Participates in staff meetings, in services and other educational opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess or be eligible for a license from the CA Board of Physical Therapy. 1 year of previous experience in an outpatient physical therapy setting is required.
PHYSICAL CAPACITIES/EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those required for any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Internal candidates must meet the eligibility requirements EPHC's Transfer policy.