Davis Hospital and Medical Center
Posted 24 days ago
Location: Davis Hospital & Medical Center
Posted Date: 6/10/2021
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital's highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.Position Specific Accountabilities:
- Demonstrates support of the Organization's mission, values, and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests, and visitors.
- Identifies staffing needs of each unit according to census matrix, and staff appropriately.
- Coordinates unit schedules with the director/clinical leader each morning to confirm schedule accuracy.
- Accurately enters changes and updates into API
- Identifies first-time registry personnel and obtains profiles before their first shift. Also gives appropriate orientation materials to the new registry and obtains copies of their license and certifications.
- Ensures the accuracy of registry timesheets and gives copies to finance for processing.
- Maintains files with current licensure for registry personnel.
- Maintains files with current licensure for Market Pool personnel
- Maintains open communication with outside nursing agencies to ensure the use of qualified personnel.
- Obtains and tracks competencies of agency nursing staff.
- Maintains a current file on each agency personnel including a profile sheet, proof of orientation, evaluation, and other documents such as RN/LPN licensure and certifications as necessary.
- Uses advanced secretarial skills, knowledge of office procedures, and independent judgment to design, prepare, and format technical reports, gather and summarize data.
- Has a good working knowledge of various PC / spreadsheet applications.
- Reviews and validates agency invoices and statements and forwards approved invoices to accounts payables in a timely manner.
- Compiles weekly and monthly agency personnel usage reports to the Staffing Manager and nursing directors of all hospitals.
- Maintains an accurate master staffing schedule for nursing departments.
- Maintains an accurate daily staffing worksheet.
- Provide regular communication mechanisms with House Supervisors (night and weekend) regarding staffing plans.
- Provides agencies and contract personnel with an orientation packet.
- Basic computer knowledge with IT scheduling systems
- Ability to make independent judgments
- Ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience working in a hospital setting preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing/hospital staffing needs
- LPN Preferred.