STYLIST IN TRAINING
WHAT WE OFFER
Would you like to be one of our future stylists? If youve got the desire, weve got the know-how to get you there. As a stylist-in-training in this temporary position were here to help you learn the business while you deliver exceptional customer service across all channels of communication.
WHAT YOULL DO
- You will learn the ins and outs of how to grow the business and control expenses by observing other stylists and managers.
- Youll be front and center greeting customers and answering the phone. Your smile is your logo.
- Youll keep the salon clean and follow safety standards.
As a stylist-in-training you may be eligible for a promotion to the stylist position once you receive your license. A promotion to stylist is not automatically guaranteed. You must earn it.
HERES HOW YOU GET PROMOTED TO A STYLIST
To be considered for the promotion, you must: 1) possess a valid appropriate license in your applicable state of employment; 2) have the ability to perform the duties of the license requirements that your state allows, including, but not limited to: cutting, styling, coloring, providing wax treatments, and washing and perming hair with or without an accommodation; and 3) demonstrate that you practice our values of honesty, accountability, integrity, and respect.
WED LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU MEET THESE QUALIFICATIONS
- You must be enrolled in an accredited cosmetology school and working to obtain the necessary license(s) to perform salon services
- You have great judgement and time management. And want to work in a dynamic salon environment
- You know how to communicate well with customers, coworkers, and management.
- You need to be tech savvy to use our point-of-sale systems and enter data.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- You need to be comfortable with lifting to 10 lbs. to stock retail shelves, occasionally lifting 10-25 lbs. to assist in unloading monthly shipment of products.
- You will be on your feet for most of the day.
- You need to know how to read, write, and do basic math.
- You need to be available to travel to mandatory meetings and training sessions, including overnight travel.