Supervisor, Polish & Plating (3rd shift)
Production Supervisor (2nd shift) shall be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of production and operation workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. Production Supervisor shall ensure that production schedules are created and completed on time, and within budget.
Production Supervisor (3rd shift) shall be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of production and operation workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. Production Supervisor shall ensure that production schedules are created and completed on time, and within budget.
- Primary responsibility is the supervision of employee activities in a designated area, as a team, with indirect, direct, supervisor and management of the department.
- Job objective is to assist Manager to ensure that production rates, schedules, quality, quantity and safety requirements are met.
- Trains direct labor associates on job responsibilities and priorities.
- Verifies that operators have proper training, tools, equipment, W.I.P. product and proper protective equipment to do their job.
- Helps investigate injuries, accidents, or near misses throughout the plant and provides detailed documentation to Human Resources, EHS, and/or Production Manager.
- Exercises direct supervision over associates working in designated zone with respect to safety, production quantity & quality.
- Meets goal of 100% production schedules and shipments established through plant management and production control.
- Ensures production boards are checked hourly for rate attainment, scrap, down time, down time reason. Verifies that boards are filled out correctly; major variances must be reported to Manager.
- Reviews data when hourly rates are not achieved and puts corrective action into place by using problem solving techniques.
- Reviews data for causes of scrap and puts corrective action in place by using problem solving techniques.
- Reviews data to determine down time causes and puts corrective action in place by using problem solving techniques.
- Notifies Manager when production rates are not being made, as well as scrap & downtime issues that are impeding production.
- Initiates paper work maintaining discipline as needed.
- Checks quality of parts.
- Maintains & improves 5-S Standards & housekeeping in designated zone and throughout the plant.
- Addresses safety issues immediately with Manager.
- Notifies proper person and Supervisor when W.I.P. stock shortage exists.
- Provides proper components, W.I.P. stock, and packaging to line as needed.
- Relieves operators for breaks as needed.
- Performs set-up verification.
- Verifies that master test parts verification was performed on jobs.
- Reworks product as needed.
- Resets equipment as needed.
- Assists Manager with employee rating forms in their designated area.
- Completes proper production reporting for the area.
- Ensures efficient utilization and upkeep of machines, equipment & facility.
- Communicates with Supervisor of next shift on current production issues.
- Performs area inspections daily with Supervisor of next shift for 5-S issues, non-conforming or unidentified product.
- Develops, implements, monitors and enforces standardized work in their areas; performs audit of operators in their section twice per shift.
- Trains existing and new employees on how to properly perform their work duties & to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Works toward continuous improvement within their area to meet company goals.
- Follows ISO14001 guidelines as they relate to specific job activities.
- Performs duties in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Has awareness of own role and responsibility with respect to the environment, and emergency preparedness and response.
- Responds to environmental incidents to the extent of their training.
- Reports environmental incidents immediately to supervisor of the affected area.
- Has awareness of the importance of conformance with environmental policies, procedures, and with the requirements of the EMS.
- Has awareness of the significant environmental aspects of own work activities and the benefits of improved personal performance.
- Understands the effect on the environment of departing from specified operating procedures (work practices) and the potential legal consequences to the employee and the facility.
- Fills in as acting Manager needed.
- Performs other responsibilities as directed/assigned by management.
- Works with management to attain company goals: On time delivery of 100%; scrap reduction; identify and eliminate potential hazards; Maintain & improve 5-S principles.
- All other duties as assigned.