Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and innovative Supportive Employment Specialist who can help us fulfill our mission. Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities. We are seeking someone who enjoys job coaching, building resumes, organized and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Payson team!
We are now offering a sign-on bonus of $1500 upon hire. Eligible for $1,000 after your first 30 days and $500 eligible to be received after 6months.
Job Preview at a Glance:
The goal of this position is to develop a comprehensive soft skills development program, which links to existing job development work programs. Works within the Empowerment Center program to implement specialized SBH pre-vocational services for clients as related to soft skills, such as communication, interview techniques, work ethics, teambuilding, resume development, computer skills, self-esteem and self-actualization. Provides instruction, training and assistance to clients to improve marketable job skills abilities and job coaching. Must possess a high degree of patience, able to work in challenging situations. Assists in developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with local employers and community providers to maximize the opportunities for persons in services to enter the labor force. This position reports to a Vocational Coordinator and Sr. Team Lead.
Location & Schedule:
This position is a Monday- Friday schedule, flexibility to work during clinic operating hours reporting to our Payson Empowerment Clinic.
Pay: Starting $17.50 per hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to implement and maintain a pre- vocational job development. The primary focus is to find a natural fit between consumers strengths and experience and jobs in the community.
- Assist the Supervisor of the Job Development program with developing new practices and policies that improve current services and activities.
- Communicates and works in conjunction with Workforce Development staff and management to coordinate ongoing innovative soft skill training.
- Develops and teaches job development skills in individual and group formats to persons in services.
- Provides direct service to program participants to include; individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention as needed.
- Documents client progress and participation on all aspects of pre-employment and soft skills training.
- Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and implement treatment, case plans, skills assessment, programmatic goals and objectives.
- Consults with clinical staff and other community service professionals.
- Coordinate the intake process and facilitate access to the program.
- Coordinates and follows up on referrals for job development and peer work services.
- Works with local service providers, case managers and employers to link persons in services with vocational opportunities.
- Attends and participates in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirements; Bachelors degree preferred or, An equivalent 5 year combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health and or job development with experience in workforce development, soft skill development.
- Motor Vehicle clearance required.
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements)
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.