Steward Medical Group
- Responsible for the scheduling of all surgical procedures, and related testing for surgery patients.
- The Surgical Scheduler reports directly to the Practice Manager and/or designee.
- The Surgical Scheduler works closely with the physicians, nursing staff, surgery residents and medical assistants and the medical center (i.e. Pre-Testing, OR Scheduling, Radiology). The Surgical Scheduler works closely with patients, the referring physicians and their office staff.
- The Surgical Scheduler organizes and schedules the work flow of the surgeons operating room schedule assuring maximum use of OR time.
"Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Schedules all surgical procedures for all l surgeons. This includes all major procedures, as well as, minor procedures.
- Communicates pre-procedure information to patient which may include: date of procedure; arrival time or time of transfer; pre-procedure instructions (medication instructions, arrival instructions, directions to hospital, discharge information, answer patient questions regarding procedure).
- Obtains insurance authorization of all procedures.
- Works closely and maintains excellent relations with various department personnel within the Hospital system.
- The Surgical Scheduler provides front-desk/reception coverage as needed and deemed necessary by the Manager.
- The Surgical Scheduler will take on different and/or additional responsibilities as needed and deemed necessary by the Practice Manager.
- Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient-related data and information.
- Accountable for abiding by all relevant Hospital policies and procedures.
- Accountable for obtaining necessary insurance authorization for procedures performed by the surgeons.
- Associates Degree or three years experience in a related health care environment preferred.
- Three years experience in a related health care environment
- Articulate individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and with experience in dealing with both patients and health care providers.
- Necessary attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Understanding and familiarity of medical terminology.
- Strong computer skills.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.