Goldfish Swim School
Alpharetta, GA, United States
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard
Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually FUN? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference?
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip-flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and REWARD hard work with awards, monthly gift cards, and fun social events!
We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Pay is $13.00 to $17.00 per hour depending on experience !
We are hiring at all 3 locations listed below!
Johns Creek: 6000 Medlock Bridge Parkway, Suite C-200, Johns Creek, GA 30022
Sandy Springs: 6335 Roswell Road, Suite B, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Roswell: 633 Holcomb Bridge Road, Suite B, Roswell, GA 30076
Job Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED, and First Aid certification. FREE lifeguard classes are offered. Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
• Pay raise after training
• Flexible hours
• Valuable work experience
• Future references/referrals
• Ability to work with children.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• No previous swim experience required.
• Must be comfortable working in our indoor, humid, and warm atmosphere.
• Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
• Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents.
• Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
• Evaluate students' progress, and complete progress reports for students each month.
• Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
• Uses problem-solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
• Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
• Reports accidents and incidents to management.
• Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
• Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal, etc. on occasion.
• Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours. Food is always provided!
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. The noise level is usually moderate.