Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field required plus seven years experience in database, server or virtualization and MCSE or MCSA; or equivalent combination of education and experience. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
* Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for personal development.
* Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software.
* Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocol.
* Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
* Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
* Ability to analyze operational requirements and assess data processing technology and capacity requirements.
* Ability to rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively. Has a good appreciation of the wider field of information systems, their use in relevant employment areas and how they relate to the business activities of the enterprise.
* Ability to select appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications.
* Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to communicate and present complex technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to make financial evaluations and proposals regarding current and/or future hardware and software capabilities/requirements.
* Ability to design, develop, and implement integrated software systems solutions to organizational requirements.
* Ability to develop and write systems documentation and guides for users.
* Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users.
* Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
* Ability to determine the nature of database software, server and virtualization problems, and to communicate technical guidance and information to users.
* Ability to perform preventive maintenance on databases.
* Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer appropriate solutions.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets and in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures.
* Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
* Skill in examining and evaluating operations and developing and/or re-engineering operating strategies, systems, and procedures.
* Technical writing skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Work odd hours and be on call for 24/7 support and emergency purposes