Wisconsin Bank & Trust
Talent Development Coordinator
Wisconsin Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Talent Development Coordinator supports the administration and execution of the Talent Development team. This individual is an administrator for Heartlands Learning Management System, scheduling virtual and live classroom facilitation, administering and compiling learning evaluations, monitoring eLearning courses for efficacy and currency, and compiling and reporting key metrics in support of talent development initiatives. The position provides internal customer support event staging and coordination for development activities and talent processes.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates learning and development schedules for both synchronous and asynchronous delivery.
2. Prints, packages and sends facilitator and participant materials; ensures on time delivery.
3. Provides administrative support for the Learning Management System including the assigning user roles, publishing learning courses, building custom certifications, resolving technical issues, and providing feedback to learners.
4. Participates in the process of information exchange and the curating of learning content; makes consultations with other teams in order to implement the best learning practices and ensuring that learning courses are current and effective.
5. Provides guidance and technical support for virtual meeting technology and content development authoring tools.
6. Acts as a first point of contact to respond to employee inquiries in areas supported including the learning management system and virtual classrooms.
7. Coordinates the M&A SharePoint calendar, training plan details, and other needs as identified; serves as the first point of contact for Talent Development issues as related to M&A.
8. Provides training room staging and technical support to facilitators for classroom training events at Heartland Operations Center and remote locations.
9. Schedules learning and development sessions and ensure proper audiovisuals, classroom size, etc.
10. Supports post training survey evaluations, knowledge assessments, and other forms of assessments.
11. Tracks and reports on training completion, continuing education, and other talent development metrics; maintains dashboard for organizational learning and development events, assessments, and other talent metrics.
12. Provides meeting and calendar support to the leadership team.
13. Assists with the maintenance of the Talent Development intranet site infrastructure and content.
14. Coordinates with HR Business Partners to track progress and send updates/reminders to business leaders.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Completion of high school diploma or GED with 2 years of post-high school training, such as in business school, community college, or equivalent. Bachelors degree in human resources, business, data analytics, communications, or instructional design preferred.
2. 1 - 3 years of administrative support experience, preferably in a Human Resources department.
3. Knowledge of learning management and learning content systems.
4. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
5. Proficient with computers and software applications such as MS Office, internet browsers, presentation software. Knowledge in Adobe Creative applications a plus. Dashboard development knowledge a plus.
6. Track record of access to and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
7. Advanced organization and time management skills.
8. Self-motivated with critical attention to details and deadlines.
9. Ability to adapt well to changes in direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
10. Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation.
11. Communicates ideas and concepts clearly and accurately; both verbally and in writing.
12. Excellent writing and editing skills.
13. Proven customer service skills.
14. Experience with Learning Management Systems, Workday, and/or Virtual Classroom software preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
When you join the Wisconsin Bank & Trust team, youll be part of an organization that has been serving Wisconsin communities since 1911. Weve got BIG ideas and are looking for the right people to join us to make these ideas into a reality.
We provide a safe, positive and professional work environment with a leadership team that is dedicated to foster your career as far as you want to take it with yearly performance goals, strategic individual development plans and professional development opportunities. In addition to growing your career, we offer our employee's a competitive benefits package that includes a full health plan, a robust retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, a student debt assistance program and much more!
At Wisconsin Bank & Trust we are actively engaged with the communities that we serve. Over the past year, our employees volunteered over 700 hours to 38 different local organizations and we contributed more than $221,000 in sponsorships and donations. As part of giving back to the community, each employee is provided a paid day to volunteer at an organization of their choice.
Our employees are what drives our banks success and longevity. We strive to recruit and retain the best team possible and to live out our mission statement every day of enriching lives one customer, employee and community at a time.EOE/AA Employer M/F/Disabled/VetMember FDIC Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will