Premier Valley Bank
Talent Development Director
Premier Valley Bank and it's Divisions, Founders Community Bank and Yosemite Bank, are growing dynamic organizations with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Talent Development Director will lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of talent development and enhancement programs. This role will partner with the organizations leadership team and key stakeholders to ensure the development and advancement of an empowered, results-driven workplace culture. Additionally, this role will ensure that future programs are in place to support our growing organization and future talent needs. Further, the Talent Development Director will implement strategies focused on job training, manager development, leadership development, and high-potential development as well as employee engagement, performance management practices, onboarding and the heightening the employee value proposition, and employee experience. Overall, this role will offer timely, forward-thinking counsel on all issues related to the employee engagement and organizational development needs and workplace culture in support of its mission.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partners with business line leaders, bank presidents and HR Business Partners to drive talent development strategies within the businesses.
2. Deploys exceptional leadership, management and employee job development programs and initiatives that supports succession planning and career pathing efforts.
3. Drives improvement in employee engagement by assessing survey results, developing improvement strategies and deploying training and coaching to support those strategies.
4. Supports all performance management and talent management efforts with training and development support.
5. Enhances organizational performance through thought leadership by linking strategy to structure, building transformational change approaches and facilitating solutions to complex organizational issues.
6. Provides leadership, support, and guidance to team members; reinforcing the importance of operational excellence, service mentality, and employee/management trust.
7. Builds/maintains effective collaborative relationships with management staff and senior leaders
8. Collaborates with peers across the organization to develop and integrate organizational development, performance management, professional development, and employee engagement.
9. Creates an environment of continuous improvement where challenging the status quo is not only a regular activity but an expectation.
10. Identifies and enhances the employee value proposition and employment brand that supports organizational success in alignment with talent acquisition and retention strategies.
11. Constantly strives to achieve better results and greater efficiencies
12. Influences organizational talent focused decision-making with the use of relevant, value-added metrics and analyzes and reports on same in a manner that aligns with and supports the organizations strategic and short- and long-term business objectives.
13. Advances existing talent development strategies and initiatives in a manner that ensures and tracks the quality of assessment, dialogue and follow-up across all levels of the organization.
14. Guides and monitors the progress of high potential employees and provides varied learning solutions to strengthen their development.
15. Fosters a culture of accountability, trust, recognition and results among staff at all levels consistent with the short and long-term objectives of the organization.
16. Manages all aspects of development lifecycle, to include supervision of ongoing learning programs, development of future learning programs, and organizational development consultation for key stakeholders, marketing and communications of programs, manage budgets and resources, reporting, measurement and maintenance of talent development records.
17. Mentors, leads and coaches staff to assure that the skill set of the team is aligned to the talent development needs of the business
18. Works with outside vendors and builds strong relationships with executive coaches and other partners
19. Creates a culture of organizational recognition through the development and deployment of programs that recognize top performance and effort.
20. Ensures team maintains a high degree of execution consistency; knowledge retention and effectiveness measured and tracked through carefully designed metrics
21. Continuously innovates and experiments in the rapidly changing fields of adult learning science and technology, to keep pushing the effectiveness of our talent development interventions
22. Oversees the implementation, maintenance, and effectiveness of the organization Learning Management System.
1. Directly supervises the Organizational Development and Engagement team.
2. Works with Heartland Financials recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelors degree is required
2. A minimum of 10 years experience in organizational development and employee engagement
3. Previous financial services experience preferred
4. Proven experience translating business plans into learning and development strategies
5. Proven analytical skills, experience with engagement survey data, data analysis and dashboards
6. Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence and execute
7. Exceptional interpersonal and influence skills across the organization through knowledge and expertise
8. Capability of working autonomously or collaboratively as part of a team with a sleeves rolled up approach and in a collaborative manner
9. Demonstrated expertise in methods and tools for successful identification, design, development, implementation and measurement of learning solutions including eLearning, mobile learning, classroom facilitation (face-to-face and virtual), and gamification strategies.
10. Ability to work in a challenging matrix environment with multiple competing deadlines
11. Ability to project manage and drive and manage change that results in positive impact
12. A leadership style characterized by straightforwardness, approachability, team orientation and collaboration
13. Experience in hiring, mentoring and leading a team of learning and development professionals
14. Experience and proficiency with LMS Systems and other software.
1. ATD Certification preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
If youre looking for a career where your voice is heard and you have opportunities do what you do best every day - your search is over. Premier Valley Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing talented professionals who strive to do great things and make a positive impact in the community.
Joining Premier Valley Bank means actively contributing to the vitality of the communities where we live and work. In 2020, Premier Valley Bank supported many Central California causes including multiple COVID relief programs, wildfire victim relief efforts, and a program dedicated to aiding underfunded local classrooms. Additionally, employees are given volunteer hours to support to a community cause. We are devoted to giving back locally and bonding as a team while doing it!
Our commitment to providing a positive and professional work environment is supported by a leadership team that is 100% dedicated to foster your career. We work closely with our employees to strategize individualized professional development plans and professional goals. We grow, when you grow.
At Premier Valley Bank, we are focused on a strong and robust diverse environment in which all team members feel valued. While building a team that lives our mission statement every day of enriching lives one customer, employee and community at a time.EOE/AA Employer M/F/Disabled/VetMember FDIC Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will