Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Supervisor of the Tax Department directs the day to day operations of the tax functions, which include responsibility for the monitoring and payment of property taxes as well as management of the tax vendor to ensure SLA compliance, timely and accurate distribution of funds, and managing the day to day functions of the on-site Tax Department specialists.
- Manages tax tracking for the portfolio to ensure timely and accurate payment of property taxes and ensure no properties get lost unintentionally to tax sale
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
- Ensures all inboxes and tasks assigned to the Tax Department are processed in a professional and timely manner.
- Direct analysts to develop and maintain the reporting functions for the Tax Department
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all business processes.
- Ensure taxes are paid on time to keep tax penalties in line with or below department financial goals.
- Help Loan Administration management develop team goals. Meet with associates quarterly to administer scorecard evaluations and ensure adherence to department expectations.
- Review tax vendor performance regularly to ensure compliance with any and all service levels (SLAs). Holds vendor accountable for their performance through scorecards. Escalate vendor performance issues to Loan Administration management as needed.
- Assist Loan Administration management with staffing, hiring, and coaching to ensure productive and accurate execution of all business processes.
- Meet all required deadlines and think outside the box to solve problems relative to tax processing, posting, and refunds.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of mortgage servicing property tax processing experience
- 1-2 years of analytical/technical expertise
- Experience with supervising a team preferred
- Knowledge of SQL helpful; familiar with working in a data warehouse environment.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements preferred
- Leadership / presentation skills
- 2+ year College Degree or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.