Oasis Behavioral Health
Posted over 1 month ago
- Identify the educational needs of students then develop formal educational plan or program to meet those needs.
- Create lesson plans to teach a subject(s) and teach students how to study or communicate with others.
- Observe student to evaluate their educational abilities, strengths and weaknesses, working with them to improve their abilities and work on their weaknesses.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups or one-on-one.
- Communicate with family members, counselors, administrators and other teachers on progress.
- Work with students individually to help overcome specific learning challenges, prepare students for standardized tests, as required by state.
- Document educational plans, goals and progress, as required by the facility and the state where the facility is located.
- Supervise classroom and maintain a positive environment for learning.
- Develop and enforce classroom rules and administrative policies.
- Supervise students outside of the classroom setting, such as at lunch time or during detention.
- Adhere to treatment plans and participate in treatment team meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field which is eligible for teacher certification or license within the state where the facility is located is required.
- One or more years experience working with population of the facility preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of the developmental stages and behaviors for age group of students.
- Current certification or license to teach within the state where the facility is located.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card