Queen Creek Unified School District
Queen Creek, AZ
Teacher (K-6) - 2020-2021 School Year
To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential by translating the district curriculum goals and objectives into learning experiences for each individual student in the district.
- Valid State of Arizona Teaching Certification.
- Meets all certification requirements for the grade level or subject area including proper teaching area endorsements.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Supports the Strategic Plan of Queen Creek Unified School District.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students within the district curriculum.
- Uses effective teaching techniques and materials to implement established curriculum goals and objectives.
- Creates a weekly written lesson plan describing daily learning experiences – this weekly lesson plan is to be correlated with the aims and/or objectives in the curriculum guide and/or course outline.
- Monitors and assesses student progress in order to provide feedback on a regular basis to students and their parents.
- Diagnoses, instructs and evaluates specific student needs and seeks assistance of district specialists as required.
- Communicates aims and/or objectives to students in a well-planned, organized manner using clear and precise language.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing the development of proper student behavior.
- Develops and implements reasonable classroom rules of behavior and procedure in a fair and just manner.
- Creates educational experiences that provide each student the opportunity to develop his/her potential in the areas of person-social adjustment, decision making, positive self-image and other life skills.
- Promotes and follows the adopted school district philosophy, policies, regulations and administrative procedures.
- Communicates concerns and ideas with colleagues, students, parents and community in a positive, professional and ethical manner.
- Assumes legal responsibility for the supervision of students on school property or in attendance at school sponsored activities.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Assumes individual responsibilities which may be assigned by the principal/supervisor and which may relate to committee work, student activities, student supervision or other planning and professional assignments.
- Maintains punctual and regular attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform duties under stress while interacting with students, parents, peers, and the general public.
- Has the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and kneel for long periods of time.
- Has the ability to exert up to 20 lbs. of force to lift and/or move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:194 Days = 187 + 7 Holidays NEW teacher
COMPENSATION: Per District Certified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Per District Policy
HOURS: 40 hours per week and may require longer hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Coordinador de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Monday, November 23, 2020 12:00 AM -
Friday, December 4, 2020 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)