Team Lead Customer Retention
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? Were growing quickly and were looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Team Lead Customer Retention is a member of the Property Operations team and works closely with the Manager and Director of Customer Onboarding and Retention to supervise the team responsible for day to day property management functions related to new applicant screening, lease administration, and customer renewals and retention.
- Supervises team responsible for facilitating administrative property management functions, including but not limited to, processing applications for new residents in a timely and accurate manor, processing credit and criminal checks, completing all data entry fields in Yardi to complete application process, generating a lease agreement, corresponding with current residents who are up for renewal, and processing renewal lease agreements
- Assists team responsible for communicating with the applicant throughout the lifecycle of the application process (approval, lease signing, move-in scheduling)
- Responsible for optimal deployment of renewal personnel and makes recommendations for enhancing the renewal processes, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize retention productivity
- Analyze market renewal and retention performance and creates plans to overcome shortfalls
- Provide leadership team feedback on areas of concern, recommended process improvements and policy changes
- Could work weekends on a rotating basis with other leadership
- Responsible for regular review of policies and procedures relating to customer onboarding and retention operations
- Responsible for training, measuring and maintaining a high degree of customer service and competency level in any resident or market peer interactions, whether over the phone or email, through formal written communication or in person
- Assist team with the daily execution of application screenings, processing applications and processing lease renewals, as needed
- Supervises and manages/assigns cases out through the Case Queue
- Handles escalations from residents via inbound/outbound call or email.
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of team, holds people accountable for results goals set by supervisor/manager
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Ensures team adheres to all Progress policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree strongly preferred
- Has a strong understanding of Progress Residential property management operations and can accurately provide answers and explanations to applicants and current residents in a user-friendly manner
- Previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel with the ability to perform basic/moderate formulas in Excel
- Proficiency in Yardi is required with 3-5 years previous work experience in property management using Yardi and Salesforce
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members, management and other company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Honest, ethical and able to maintain confidentiality in a business setting when necessary and required
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, its about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbents supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.