Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years experience.
We are looking for a Team Lead- SMI to join our Buckeye Outpatient Clinic! This is a position working 40 hours per week.
Job Preview at a Glance:
Serves in a supervisory position as a Team Lead for the SMI team. The Team Lead provides administrative oversight of programs and services. The Team Lead is responsible for insuring adherence to case ratios for the SMI Case Managers and providing intensive oversight to the SMI program.
The Team Lead will work collaboratively with the Director to oversee all functions necessary to operate an assigned program or group of programs. The primary goals are: development and oversight of a sound clinical program, leadership and development of staff, and administrative management.
Assures that the program produces measurable qualitative and quantifiable outcomes at standard levels set by SBH, payers, and contract requirements. Assures that all required policies and procedures are being followed by staff. Demonstrates ability to keep operations running in the absence of the Director. May be required to carry a Smart phone and be on call as needed. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
- Assists the Director to develop and implement a sound clinical program based on contract requirements, budgetary limitations, current contemporary treatment models, and individual and system needs.
- Provides direct and regular administrative supervision to SMI Case Managers as well as coaching and performance evaluations. 50% administrative/management function, 50% Billable Direct Service.
- Responsible to assist with Program Evaluation and produce/track proficient measurable outcomes.
- Helps to ensure staff is producing in accordance with the productivity percentage standards set by supervisors and the company through monitoring the productive clinical day.
- Provides Clinical Assessment, Service planning, interventions, coordination of care, and leads responsible treatment practices in action.
- Intervenes in crisis situations as needed and coordinates appropriate care strategies.
- Assist in the training and development of staff skills and abilities and works to create highly effective teams as to produce an effective outcome.
- Effectively manages staff interactions, the program, systems, and processes using a leadership approach.
- Assists with interviews and selects candidates to fill open positions, following agency protocols and personnel procedures.
- Advocates for client needs creating social justice for persons served, reduces barriers, promotes ideals of the Recovery Movement.
- Attends and participates in in-service training sessions, related training and initiates self-development.
- Works with other SBH staff to consult and participate in team based projects, committees, and collaborates on all issues with the assigned Program Director and VP as assigned.
- Required to work in collaboration with colleagues, other programs, individuals, and groups within the company to resolve issues, improve overall performance, and set new standards in accordance with current trends.
- Educates potential clients, providers, and stakeholders regarding the program and services available as requested.
- Communicates with referral sources in specific program areas to maintain a working and problem-solving relationship.
- Identifies needs, problems, and gaps in service, and relays information to the Director.
- Assesses the needs pertaining to program area, and responds to meet those needs with existing resources or recommends the development of additional resources.
- Participates in the Outcomes and Performance Improvement processes.
- Coordinates with medical providers as needed/appropriate to meet the needs of the consumers.
- Coordinate care with RHBA to seek approval when inpatient services are deemed necessary.
- Available to work flexible days, evenings, and/or weekends as the schedule requires.
- Possesses ability to oversee the program in the absence of the Director.
- Provides assistance to Director with problem resolution related to personnel program/client issues.
- Participates with Director and HR in providing staff with Performance Development and Employee Counseling.
- May be assigned to monitor and approve payroll hours.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- May be expected to drive a vehicle to transport consumers, per the discretion of the clinic and/or program.
- May be required to carry company cell phone and/or be on-call per programmatic needs.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Bachelors degree plus (2) two years of full-time behavioral health experience.
- Masters degree plus one year of behavioral health experience preferred.
- Licensed with AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners is preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona drivers license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements).
- Knowledge of rehabilitation concepts for psychiatric disorders and therapeutic techniques used with both individuals and groups; Working understanding of chronic mental illness.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of modern electronic technologies.
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability in leadership and management, problem solving, organizational skills.
- Academic and working knowledge of clinical methods and procedures; ability to provide, monitor and supervise effective clinical interventions
- Ability to flourish is a fast paced and high pressure environment with changing needs
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must provide quality internal and external customer service.
SB&H is a part of pre-authorized loan forgiveness programs. Additionally, we want to will help staff save for retirement, we offer a 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We have a wide array of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans to enroll in after 30 days of employment. We value your growth personally and professionally, and provide ample promotional opportunities.
Our Core Values:
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE