Technical Lab System Specialist- Preanalytic
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.Pay Range
$32. 98- $45.27Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
In collaboration with department leadership, is responsible for managing and enhancing of the specimen testing processes in designated area of expertise. Applies high-level of relevant technical and leadership knowledge. Reports on on testing. Serves as techincal consultant. Functions in a self-directed manner.
Maintains a high level of proficiency and current knowledge of trends in methodology, technology, and ways to deliver service in regards to laboratory medicine. In depth knowledge of CLIA, CAP, TJC, CMS, etc. and ensures compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. Understands processes and workflow. Use of process improvement methodologies including Focus PDCA, Six Sigma, LEAN, etc., in all management practices.
Maintains policies and procedures. Optimize processes for validation and quality control of
analytic methods. Ensure efficient daily operation of the testing processes including quality control and quality assurance.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency and current knowledge of trends in methodology, technology, and ways to deliver service in regards to laboratory medicine.
- In depth knowledge of CLIA, CAP, TJC, CMS, etc. and ensures compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Understands processes and workflow. Use of process improvement methodologies including Focus PDCA, Six Sigma, LEAN, etc., in all management practices.
- Ability to interact effectively with clinical leadership and Lead teams in area of expertise to achieve set objectives.
- Maintains a set of balanced scorecard metrics.
- Maintains policies and procedures.
- Optimize processes for validation and quality control of analytic methods.
- Ensure efficient daily operation of the testing processes including quality control and quality assurance.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency, understanding and in-depth working knowledge of the lab LIS, HIS, middleware and ambulatory computer systems from a user and optimization standpoint.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and understanding of the accuracy and source of data that enter the LIS, HIS, middleware and ambulatory computer systems (both electronic and manual entry) as it relates to the delivery of laboratory services.
- Work directly with IT to improve processes and system changes.
- Understand and use tools available to manage financial performance of Centura Laboratory Services.
- Advise laboratory leadership of any changes needed in annual supply budgets.
- Review supply spend metrics periodically. Assist leadership in developing and implementing action plans on any unfavorable spending trends.
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 5 years clinical laboratory experience, required
- 3 years leadership, preferred
- Previous experience leading complex programs with accountability for measured outcomes, preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science field, required
- Master's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Business, Healthcare Management, or related field, preferred
- ASCP MLT or MLS/MT certification, required
Schedule- Typically standard business hours , M-F
Physical Requirements: Light work - (Exert up to 20lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 10lbs frequently)Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Centura Health is headquartered in Centennial, CO, with additional business office locations throughout the Denver Tech Center. The Corporate Service Center is home to our leaders and centralized teams that support our hospitals, clinics and people - including marketing, human resources, employee benefits, finance, billing, talent acquisition/development, payor relations, IT, project management, community benefit and more. Whether you work in the corporate headquarters or one of our nearby offices, you'll experience a culture of collaboration and community where incredible people are doing incredible things every day.Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!