We Are Blood
Round Rock, TX, United States
Technician I Phlebotomist- Round Rock
A Phlebotomist will provide outstanding customer service to donors, coworkers and guests thus ensuring the best possible donation experience and working environment. Determine donor eligibility, perform phlebotomy techniques, and manage adverse donor reactions at our new fixed site in Round Rock.
- High school graduate or equivalent, Effective communication skills, Compassionate interpersonal skills, Excellent customer service skills, basic computer skills, punctual and dependable.
- Experience in a blood center is preferred; at least 6 months experience with red cell automated blood collection Platelet Apheresis technology is preferred; certification as a phlebotomist, medical assistant, EMT, paramedic or LVN is a plus but not required.
- Ability to interpret and respond appropriately to sensitive/confidential information and situations.
- Ability to maintain focus and make sound judgments in a busy/distracting environment.
- Ability to perform the same task repeatedly while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Donor room hours: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, 8am – 6pm and Saturday 8am-3pm Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: CLOSED.