This is a Scrum Team role that will be a member of the Medicare / Medicaid Enrollment Configuration team tasked with developing purpose built capabilities for our NextGen platform. This role is responsible for the quality of the configuration for various enrollment, billing, reconciliation, correspondence and reporting Stories within an Agile framework.
- Provides expertise on one or more applications or technologies to support project teams
- Participates and provides recommendations in the development of the test framework
- Responsible for the level of quality delivered for the application testing within the release
- Promotes repeatability, reusability, efficiencies, and cross training to facilitate the development and maintenance of a matrixed organization
- Provides estimates for testing
- Contributes to defining, developing, and maintaining the test case inventory, requirements traceability matrix, and test plan over the life of the release
- Monitors changes in test case priority based on changing project delivery priorities
- Identifies and requests appropriate data based on testing requirements and types of tests to execute
- Responsible for interaction with key areas to define test cases, establish the requirements traceability matrix for functional and nonfunctional requirements, * identifies test data, and assists in the development and execution of test scripts and validation of test results
- Provides cross training of application / technical knowledge to other individuals within the organization
- Able to write SQL / PLSQL at an intermediate level
- Defines, develops, and maintains test scripts
- Independently executes test plans and test scripts
- Independently validates results of test execution and actual vs. expected results
- Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests and actively participate in resolution; proposes and designs retest cases/scripts/data to * retest defects; represents the team at project meetings to discuss status, defects for responsible area, assess impacts and provide input into schedule revisions at both project and release level
- Participates in deployment certification tasks
- Experience PLSQL / Oracle databases; Intermediate to Advanced (2-4 years)
- Experience with software development lifecycles, having contributed to: estimation (resource planning), capacity planning, requirement traceability matrix, testing framework and strategy, and post implementation review. (4-6 years)
- Experience with software development lifecycles, having owned: test case development, manual/automation test scripts, test results review. (4-6 years)
- Experience in quality engineering practices and execution of the various types of test creation and execution. (4-6 years)
- Experience with industry standard testing tools (e.g. Rational Tool Suite, Mercury, etc.) (4-6 years)
- Experience with member materials / correspondence implementation experience (2-4 years)
- Experience with Medicare or Medicaid Enrollment, Billing and Correspondence Operations (2-4 years)
- Leadership / Creating Accountability (Intermediate)
- Leadership / Developing and Executing Strategy (Intermediate)
- Leadership / Driving a Culture of Compliance (Foundational)
- General Business Consulting for Solutions (Advanced)
- Leadership / Anticipating and Innovating (Advanced)
- Technology / Justifying the Business Case (Advanced)
- Experience with enterprise-wide and / or cross-functional large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity.
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.