The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Thrift Store Associate - Farmington
LOCATION: Farmington, NM
STATUS: Part Time
POSITION SUMMARY: TS Associate will be responsible for cleaning & stocking inventory, keeping work areas clean and neat to prevent hazards making sure to report all accidents/injuries or property damage to supervisor immediately. Will also assist with store layout and product placement, assist customers with purchases, operating cash register and ring sales. Must have the ability to drive, load and unload donations from truck when needed. Must maintain good customer relations and give prompt and courteous assistance to all customers. Answer telephone and take requests for donation pickups, including making an assessment as to the condition and suitability of the donation as needed. Ensure that customers are assisted with donations, given proper receipts and thanked for their donations. Must be able to work within established policy guidelines and be able accept directions and follow instruction. Monitor customers to insure minimal opportunity for theft and report suspicious behavior to the TS Manager.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Valid New Mexico driver's license with a clean motor vehicle record
- Must posses the ability to treat customers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner as a representative of The Salvation Army
- Must posses a positive attitude and be able to work with other people as well as with the team.
- Must be able to understand and carry out instructions related to the use of equipment and use it in a safe manner
- Must be able to present a neat appearance as a representative of The Salvation Army
- Ability to count change and process sales
- Must be able to work varied schedule Monday through Saturday
- Must possess an understanding of the value of second hand items and be able to determine usability for the Family Store Program
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.