Injection Molding Tool & Die Maker - 3rd Shift
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Injection Molding Tool & Die Repair Technicians are responsible for maintaining and repairing injection mold tooling, and auxiliary tooling.
- Plan and perform all bench, machine, and finishing operations required to maintain, repair, troubleshoot and alter intricately designed and constructed plastic injection molds.
- Operate all tool room machines.
- Perform preventative maintenance of plastic injection molds by performing scheduled mold inspections which include the disassembly, cleaning and reassembly of mold.
- Troubleshoot mold problems and recommend corrective actions to modify or repair molds accordingly.
- Complete appropriate detailed documentation of work performed on tooling maintenance and/or repair.
- Troubleshoot and correct wiring issues involving hot manifold equipped injection molds.
- Examine molds to determine feasibility of in-house repairs or modifications.
- Insure molds are in good and proper mechanical working order.
- Perform polishing, benching, spotting, grinding, drilling, machining, and fitting of tooling as required.
- Help maintain and control spare parts inventory.
- Understands and practices all aspects of industrial maintenance safety
- Handle and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals in compliance with government regulations.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and report all issues that may need attention.
- Maintain clean work area.
- 5+ years prior Tool & Die Repair experience.
- Must be able to obtain Hi-Lo license
- Must be able to operate crane
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.