Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
A tooling/engineering professional that is a member of the FlexNGate Program Development team responsible for the development of Plastic Injection Molds that meet and exceed FlexNGate Standards while ensuring a successful program launch.
This person will be part of the team that helps lead and support our Injection Mold Tools , so previous tooling engineer experience with Injection Molded Tools on either Exterior or Interior components in an automotive environment is strongly desired.
- Follow and support prototype mold builds and support development team as required.
- Ensure RFQ aligns with the tool source quote. Report any discrepancies that drive cost (part or mold content) to program team.
- Ensure mold suppliers has commercial coverage and works within their financial coverage.
- Completely fill out Tool K.O. & Design Checklist and send it to the tool source. Ensure they have the latest data.
- Lead shrink determination with material supplier, tool source, plant and program team. Obtain customer approval as required.
- Review part design with tool source and program team for tool and manufacturing feasibility. Ejection strategy for robotic part removal, gate trimming, vestige clearance and part texturing should also be considered.
- Review and approve mold design with the tool source and plant and maintain design checklist.
- Review mold flow results with entire program team and the advanced process engineers to determine the correct gating strategy and if a more in depth warp analysis should be performed.
- Work with tool sources to ensure best practices, tool & plant standards are followed. This is to include tool fit to press with correct utility components.
- Support program management and manufacturing plants as required.
- Monitor tool build and report timing to program team to ensure program milestones will be met.
- Attend all program meetings as required.
- Attend all grain mapping meetings. Notify program team of any areas requiring texture that do not have adequate draft or may create a defect.
- Attend post grain/surface review meetings with customer.
- Review all E/C cost prior to PM submission to ensure the quoted cost and timing is within reason.
- Ensure dimensional and cosmetic corrections are provided to the mold supplier in a timely fashion and that they are incorporated into the mold.
- Ensure Lessons Learned are communicated to supervisors and are recorded properly for future reference.
Tryouts and Plant Support. Responsibilities to include:
- Attend all mold tryouts and ensure the entire program team is invited.
- Ensure material is available for all tryouts.
- Ensure mold is capable of producing a part within specifications at the specified FNG cycle time.
- Update tryout open issues list within the design checklist and distribute to tool source and program team.
- If fixture is available at tryout, review part on gage with program team.
- Coordinate tool shipment to the plant. Ensure pre-ship checklist within the design checklist is filled out and that the plant knows when the mold will be delivered.
- Coordinate and attend mold trials and support the manufacturing plant as required. Be sure tool source is notified to provide support.
- A minimum of five or more years in automotive plastic injection mold build and design experience
- A bachelor's degree is an applicable field is favorable
- Solid computer skills with drafting spreadsheets, correspondence, MS Project, and Engineering Specific Applications such as parts review, mold design, mold analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- The ability and willingness to travel as part of job duties-in Canada/North America.
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.