Trailer Mechanic (Conover, NC)
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Trailer Mechanic on 1st Shift at our Conover, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for inspecting, repairing and preventative maintenance of company trailers at Carpenter Co. Will also assure that all vehicles are available to meet the established shipping schedule to transport finished products to our customers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be in constant communication with department managers to coordinate production schedules with mechanical repairs. Works in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges involve the timely repair of equipment to make sure equipment is ready to make deliveries to customers on a timely basis.
Additional responsibilities of the Trailer Mechanic position will include:
- Service and repair all trailers within the Department of Transportation and Carpenter Co. guidelines, rules and regulations
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of fleet equipment through a daily repair schedule.
- Complete and maintain all documentation properly in accordance with Company and Department of Transportation policy.
- Assures Value of Order in the garage is an everyday standard of practice.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED
Experience with basic hand and air tools
2+ years of mechanical experience preferred
Electrical knowledge is a plus
Basic computer experience
Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.