Arizona Baptist Children's Services
Arizona Baptist Childrens Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based nonprofit that includes seven ministries with one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. Together, we serve the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors. To learn more about how God uses us at ABCS to impact the community please visit our website at abcs.org. You can join our mission by serving as a part-time transportation aide in Yuma, Arizona
What makes ABCS such a great place to work?
- You can be part of an organization that models biblical core values in many different facets by honoring God in all we do, building relationships through trust and respect, being a good steward with what we have been given, and doing everything with excellence.
- ABCS has a framework of servant leadership where staff from all positions are intentional about building relationships and lifting each other up in prayer. ABCS offers a healthy balance between work and your personal life.
- The ability to make an impact on the community by providing hope and care to hurting children and families.
- In addition to new hire training, ongoing and continuing education training will be provided for you throughout the year.
As a Transportation Aide with ABCS:
- You will have the opportunity to build relationships with children while transporting them to and from visits with their parents.
- You can encourage the child(ren) while sharing the message of hope that is in Jesus Christ and showing His love and mercy to them during the transport to their visit.
- You are flexible and willing to maintain a non-traditional work schedule to meet the needs of parents and children, so they are able to be successful in meeting case requirements.
- You will have a supportive network available to you (supervisors, mentors and teams) to discuss and process through incidents and cases. As a team, together we can grow and expand our knowledge, critical thinking skills and discernment in a ministry setting.
- You have opportunities to share the gospel and prayer, when the opportunity arises.
- you will focus on documenting interactions during transportation and maintaining professional relationships with children, clients, foster placements, coworkers and other agencies.
- You can effectively and consistently communicate via technology and in person.
- You are able to write clear and objective reports in order to provide documentation to the courts.
- Bilingual individuals encouraged to apply.
- You are a Christian and in agreement with the ABCS Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Core Values and Guiding Principles.
- At least 21 years old.
- You currently have or are able to obtain a valid AZ drivers license and a have clean driving record with no suspension or revocations within the past five years.
- Able to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds independently.
- Eligible to obtain a level 1 fingerprint clearance card and have a clear criminal history per ABCS contracts with the State of Arizona. ABCS will pay the cost of fingerprinting for individuals who are selected.
- Eligible to CPR/ first aid training, ABCS will cover the cost of training.
- Able to pass a TB and urine drug test.
ABCS offers part-time benefits and competitive pay.
- Earn $13 per hour (which includes transportation and report writing) with increases in pay after 6 months and annually.
- All employees receive seven paid holidays per year and earn paid sick leave.
- Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in some voluntary health benefits.
- Mission Action time (allowing staff to take paid time-off to participate in mission trips, vacation bible school or other similar activities without losing any of their accrued time-off).
- Access to Employees Assistance Program through New Life Counseling.