La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA employer.
We are looking for a full-time Trauma Advocate based in our Tempe office for the Trauma Healing Services department. Responsibilities include providing office and community-based crisis de-escalation and brief supportive counseling to individuals and families affected by suicide and domestic violence. The position also provides personal advocacy, collaborates with victims on safety planning, provides risk assessments and appropriate interventions, and coordinates services with EMPACT-SPC crisis transition navigator, therapists, and agency staff. The position coordinates services with other behavioral health, law enforcement and public agencies as requested by the victim.
Candidate must demonstrate ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, and recognize personal limitations. Candidate must possess the ability to represent agency in professional manner. Candidate should have prior experience, which demonstrates ability to understand the needs of the population and their families, empower victims to make positive choices, and relate positively to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation. Spanish language ability preferred, but not required. On call component required.
- Bachelors Degree in psychology, social work, or behavioral health related field is preferred, but not required.
- Spanish language ability preferred, but not required.
- Need knowledge of effective crisis interventions
- Need comprehensive understanding of the effects of significant trauma and principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Need effective self-care within a potentially stressful client environment.
- Need understanding of community and agency resources with motivation to advocate for clients needs.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly and maintain timely clinical documentation.
- Familiarity with Maricopa County community resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural competency through experience with diverse minority populations is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance card or eligible to qualify to obtain one.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required.