- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Supervise the custodial staff including participating in recommending potential employees, training staff on cleaning procedures and techniques, scheduling work assignments, inspecting facilities and grounds to ensure the campus meets standards, and participating in the evaluation of work performance of custodial staff.
- Open and disarm the campus and inspect for safety and any damages.
- Manage the cleaning supplies and equipment inventory.
- Order maintenance supplies.
- Notify the principal and coordinate services from the maintenance department for major repair projects.
- Assist custodial staff in cleaning office and buildings, replenishing supplies in restrooms, picking up paper, trash, and rubbish, cleaning up after accidents and spills, cleaning and/or removing marks or writing on walls and doors, changing filters, dusting vents, and cleaning eaves, beams, and fixtures.
- Make minor repairs including replacing light bulbs, repairing hinges and knobs, unplugging toilets and drains, replacing parts, fuses, switches, and making other general repairs.
- Inspect fire extinguishers and request necessary service.
- Schedule and arrange for irrigation and/or watering school grounds.
- Conduct safety inspections of the school facilities including electrical and gas installations and assist with the general security and fire safety of the school.
- Make recommendations to the principal and maintenance supervisor for special cleaning and maintenance to occur over the summer.
- Direct the summer cleaning procedure in classrooms, offices, and school buildings.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical and plumbing and general carpentry and maintenance skills.
- Strong leadership-and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, climb, push and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with co-workers.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
|Unit Manager||JobID: 2522|
TITLE: Unit Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: School Site Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: District Supervisor and Principal
SUMMARY: The unit operations manager will maintain school buildings and grounds. To provide a safe, comfortable and clean working environment at the school site.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
EXPERIENCE: Previous custodial or building maintenance experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The work environment includes exposure to dirt and dust and noise and vibration from maintenance equipment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.