The Geo Group
Facility: SCI CHESTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position maintains and ensures full and accurate resident accountability. It oversees the security and safety of the facility, staff and residents. The Unit Supervisor trains Counselors in their duties which follow Company and client contractual requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all Counselor activities.
- Provides disciplinary or coaching sessions to Counselors.
- Oversees security check points and resident movement.
- Maintains precise resident headcount.
- Monitors resident reception and discharge activity including resident file maintenance.
- Ensures audio and video equipment is in working condition.
- Maintains a substance abuse tracking system for resident drug screenings.
- Collects, organizes and completes shift operations reports thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Oversees or conducts body searches and searches of resident quarters.
- Responds to crisis and executes appropriate intervention protocol.
- Executes company on-the-job training program for new Counselors.
- Conducts operation Counselor 90-days progress reports and annual performance reviews.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Counselors.
- Keeps staff informed of upcoming events and Company initiatives.
- Participates in mandatory company training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in management, supervision and service delivery in a corrections or long term residential environment.
- Knowledge of the field of addictions or mental health counseling preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage time and organize skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime is mandatory for this position. Refusal to perform overtime duty will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer