Wisconsin Bank & Trust
Wisconsin Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under supervision, the Universal Banker will be responsible for assisting customers in a dual role function. The role is responsible for providing an exceptional in-branch customer experience by handling every customer need including teller transactions, sales and service. Utilizing a needs-based selling approach, the Universal Banker will provide solutions based on customer needs and how they like to conduct their banking. In addition this position will be responsible for referrals to the other lines of business to meet the customers financial needs. The Universal Banker will work with the banking team in attaining banking center goals and constantly striving to improve the profitability of the banking center.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Transaction/Sales Responsibilities:
1. Universal Bankers are responsible for offering and selling financial products and services to both consumer and small business customers. Including, but not limited to:
a. Checking and Savings Accounts
b. Certificates of Deposit
c. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
d. Health Savings Accounts
e. Deposit only business relationship customers with non-lending needs
2. Operates a teller window regularly to meet the needs of the banking center.
3. Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet goal (as determined by individual bank).
4. Effectively use sales skills such as: effective listening, adapting to differences in customers, identifying needs, expanding and deepening customer relationships, responding to verbal and non-verbal clues, presenting solutions through product benefits, establishing a clear difference, overcoming resistance, asking for the business, completing sale, nurturing relationships, and establishing methods for follow-up.
5. Follow up with prospects and current customers to promote new products and services and/or thanking customers for existing business.
6. Actively monitor the status of key customer relationships to promote business growth and service quality, Increase the number of services used per customer to increase both profits and customer retention.
7. Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
8. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
9. Resolves customer complaints.
10. Maintains a detailed level of knowledge on retail products and services and a conversational knowledge of non-retail products (e.g., mortgage, insurance, wealth management)
11. Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
a. Actively participates in banking center sales activities
B. Operations Responsibilities:
1. Responsible daily for all teller operations
2. Maintains an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy guidelines.
3. Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
4. Must be security conscious and comply with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
5. Opens and closes the banking center according to bank security policy.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma/GED. Bachelors Degree preferred.
2. 1-3 years of experience in sales & customer service
3. Previous teller or cash handling experience preferred, but not required
4. Experience providing high quality customer service
5. High attention to detail
6. Experience working in a team environment
7. Ability to count and balance cash
8. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
9. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time
10. Knowledge of MS Office, Windows and ten key calculator
11. Must satisfy requirements of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act Sec. 19
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
When you join the Wisconsin Bank & Trust team, youll be part of an organization that has been serving Wisconsin communities since 1911. Weve got BIG ideas and are looking for the right people to join us to make these ideas into a reality.
We provide a safe, positive and professional work environment with a leadership team that is dedicated to foster your career as far as you want to take it with yearly performance goals, strategic individual development plans and professional development opportunities. In addition to growing your career, we offer our employee's a competitive benefits package that includes a full health plan, a robust retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, a student debt assistance program and much more!
At Wisconsin Bank & Trust we are actively engaged with the communities that we serve. Over the past year, our employees volunteered over 700 hours to 38 different local organizations and we contributed more than $221,000 in sponsorships and donations. As part of giving back to the community, each employee is provided a paid day to volunteer at an organization of their choice.
Our employees are what drives our banks success and longevity. We strive to recruit and retain the best team possible and to live out our mission statement every day of enriching lives one customer, employee and community at a time.EOE/AA Employer M/F/Disabled/VetMember FDIC Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will